About AU: Allahabad University Entrance Exam has been established in the year 1886. AU is the fourth oldest university of India after Bombay, Calcutta, and Madras University.
About AU PGAT: Allahabad University Post Graduate Admission Test (AU PGAT) is a University Level Admission Test conducted by Allahabad University for admission into various Masters Degree programme.
- Allahabad University PGAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualification: The candidates must have passed Bachelors Degree in the relevant stream from a recognized university. The eligibility criteria may differ from each of the courses.
- Qualifying Marks: Minimum 30% marks must be secured for General category candidates, minimum 27% marks must be secured for OBC category candidates, however, there are no qualifying marks for SC/ ST category candidates.
- Sports Quota: Candidates who have played in Inter-University games or Open National or National Games or International Games by the respective Federations of the Sports event will be eligible for admission in the Post-Graduate Courses of the University, as per University Rules.
- Education Gap: In order to give chance to the candidates who have passed in the current academic session i.e. 2018-19, a deduction of 5% for each gap year would be given up to a maximum of 15% of the obtained marks.Note:
- Subject Candidates: The candidates who have studied Humanity and Social Science, Natural Science, Humanity and Science, Commerce and Law in graduation level can apply for the same subjects in the Master Degree.
- Non-Subject Candidates: The candidates who wish to take admission in the subjects which they have not studied at the graduation level can apply for Hindi, English, Med. & Mod. History, Ancient History, Political Science, Philosophy, and Education subjects only.
- Allahabad University PGAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria Course WiseMA/ M.Com/ M.Sc
- The candidates must have passed BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com (three-year degree course or honor course) from a recognized University/ Institution.MA Painting
- The candidates must have passed BFA (Four Year Course) or the BVA (Four Year Course) from a recognized University/ Institution.
- For admission to MA in Painting, the candidates have to appear in Practical Test of 100 marks (a) Life Drawing - 50 marks/ 120 minutes in any medium (b) Portrait - 50 marks/ 120 minutes watercolor.MA/ M.Sc in Statistics
- The candidates who have passed the BA/ B.Sc. with Mathematics as a major subject, with Statistics as a subject up to BA/ B.Sc., or have passed the BA/ B.Sc. (Honours) with Mathematics as a major subject and Statistics as a subsidiary subject, also be considered for admission on the basis of merit.MA/ M.Sc in Anthropology
- The candidates who have passed the B.A. with two subjects out of the set of the Social Sciences streams consisting of History, Political Science, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, and Geography or the BA/ B.Sc. (Honours) with Anthropology or a subject of the above mentioned Social Sciences stream as a major subject, or B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Honours) in Botany and Zoology shall be eligible.M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry
- The candidates must have passed B.Sc with Chemistry/ Biochemistry as one subject and Botany/ Physiology/ Zoology/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Industrial Fish and Fisheries as the one of the subject, or B.Sc. (Honours) Examination with Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Botany/ Physiology/ Zoology/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology as the main/subsidiary subject (Chemistry/ Biochemistry being preferable as the main subject) or MBBS are also eligible to apply for the admission.M.Sc in Agricultural Science
- The candidates must have passed B.Sc (Agriculture) (Four-Year Course) from a recognized University/ Institution.MPA (Vocal/ Sitar/ Tabla)
- The candidates must have passed BA Music (Three Year Course) or BA with Music as one of the subjects, or BA (Honours) with Music as a major subject, or the Sangeet Praveen/ Alankar/ Nipun (or similar) recognized by the University as equivalent to BA in Music are eligible. M.Sc in Computer Science
- The candidates must have passed B.Sc. (Three Years Degree Course)/ B.Sc. (Honors) with Computer Science/ Computer Maintenance/ Computer Application/ Information Technology as one of his/ her subjects.M.Sc in Applied Geology
- A candidate must have passed B.Sc (Three Year Degree Course) with any two of the following subjects Physics/ Mathematics/ Geology.MCA
- A candidate must have passed B.Sc or equivalent degree from a recognized university with Mathematics/ Computer Science as one of the subjects up to IInd Year of B.Sc or a candidate who holds the BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)/ BIT (Bachelor of Information Technology) degree of full time three years duration from a recognized University or a candidate who holds B.Tech/ BE degree from a recognized University.MFA (Master in Fine Arts)
- The candidates must have passed BFA degree in Applied Arts, Sculpture, Graphics, Textile Design and Painting specialized area from recognized University or equivalent examinations thereto with 55% marks and not of more than 27 years of age by 30th June 2018 shall be eligible to apply. The candidate who has to their credit BFA in Painting, with Graphic or Textile of Allahabad University will be considered eligible for admission in Graphic/ Textile Design stream.MA in Development Studies
- The candidates must have passed Bachelor or Social Work/ B.Com/ BA in Economics/ B.Sc (Ag.)/ Bachelor in Development Studies/ Globalization and Development Studies/ Bachelor in Business Administration/ Management/ Bachelor Degree in Rural Development/ Bachelor of Planning from a recognized University with minimum 55% marks and minimum 50% marks in PGAT 2020. M.Tech in Earth System Sciences
- The candidates must have passed Masters degree in Physical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/ Life Sciences/ Geosciences/ any cognate discipline or a B.Tech./ BE with marks/ CGPA not below 55% marks/ 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) (50% for SC/ ST candidates) for appearing in the PGAT.M.Sc. in Environmental Science
- The candidates must have passed Bachelors Degree (10+2+3 ) with science as a major subject from a recognized University and must have secured 50% marks.M.Sc in Textile and Apparel Designing
- The candidates must have passed a Bachelors Degree in B.Sc/ BA/ B.Sc. (Home Science) from a recognized University/ Institution.M.P.Ed. (Physical Education)
- The candidates must have passed B.P.Ed. or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Health and Physical Education with minimum of 50% marks for General and 45% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates. The sportspersons who have represented India in International Championship or who have won positions during last three academic sessions in the National/ Intervarsity Championships, being listed in Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
- The candidate should submit an original medical/fitness certificate through registered Government Medical Officer at the time of admission.
||Online and Offline
|Number of Sections
|Type of Questions
||Objective Type Question Based
|Total No. Of Questions
||02 Mark Will Be Given For Each Correct Response
||0.5 Mark Will Be Deducted for Each Incorrect Answer
|Availability of Application Form
|Admit Card Date
| Exam Date
|Announcement of Result
MA,M.SC, M.COM, M.P.ED,MBA/PGDM
Institute of Hotel Management
Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology