The National Institute of Design (NID) is a design school in Ahmedabad, India. The institute functions as an autonomous body under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. NID is recognised by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research under Ministry of Science and Technology, government of India, as a scientific and industrial design research organisation.
NID is accorded as "Institute of National Importance" by Act of Parliament, under the National Institute of Design Act, 2014
The candidates who will to register for NID 2019 must fulfill the following eligibility criteria: Bachelor of Design
- The eligibility criteria of B.Des. course is as follows:1. Age Limit:
- The candidates applying for DAT 2019 for B.Des. program must not be more than 20 years of age as on July 30, 2019. General Category candidates born on or before July 1, 1999 are not eligible to apply for NID. Reserved Category candidates born on or before July 1, 1994 are not eligible to apply for NID as well. 2. Educational Qualifications:
- The candidates applying for NID DAT 2019 must have completed or will appear in the final examination of 10+2 from a recognized board (AISSE/ICSE/CBSE). The candidates with following qualifications are also eligible for the exam:
- Pass in final examination of 10+2 system conducted by a Central Board or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities. The Final Examination of Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National School of Open Learning with a minimum of 5 subjects. Any Public School or Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities. H.S.C. Vocational Qualification
- General Certificate Examination from London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka at the Advanced Level.High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed 12th standard outside India whose board is not recognized by the Board of India should produce a certificate to Association of Indian University as a proof that they have passed their 12th standard.Master of Design1. Age Limit:
- The maximum age limit is 30 years for the candidates applying for the Bachelor Programme as on July 30, 2019. General Category applicants born on or before July 1, 1989 are not eligible. Reserved Category applicants born on or before July 1, 1986 are not eligible.2. Educational Qualification:
- Applicants will have to proof that they have passed the following equivalently qualifying exams before July 6, 2016.
- Bachelors degree in any discipline under the 10+2+4 system, from any university recognized by law in India.
- Diploma in Design under 10+2+4 system, from any university recognized by law of India.
|Number of Sections
|Type of Questions
||Multiple Type Question Based
|Total No. Of Questions
|| 04 Mark Will Be Given For Each Correct Response
||NO NEGATIVE MARKING
|Availability of Application Form
||October 01, 2018
|Last Date of Online Application Form
||November 23, 2018
||January 06 2019
|Declaration of result
B.DES,GDPD,M.DES,B.SC,BE/B.TECH,GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN DESIGN
National Institute of Design
G D Goenka University, School of Fashion and Design
MIT Institute of Design
World University of Design
Virtual Voyage College of Design, Media, Art and Management