Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) MAIN will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. This Examination was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018.
JEE Main is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 year duration. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma oftheInternationalBaccalaureateOffice,Geneva.[OnlyforAdmissiontoIITs]
- In case the relevant QE is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level. [Only for Admission to IITs]
|Number of Sections
|Question Paper Type
||Objective Type Question Based
|Total No. Of Questions
||01 Mark is Deducted For Each Incorrect Answer
|Release of online Application
||September 02, 2019
||February 07, 2020
|Last Date to Apply
||September 30, 2019
||March 07 2020
|Release of JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
||December 06, 2019
||March 16, 2020
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Date
||January 06 to 11, 2020
||April 03 to 09, 2020
|Release of JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
||Third Week of January, 2020
||Third Week of April, 2020
|JEE Main 2020 Result
||January 31, 2020
||April 30, 2020
Indian Institute of Technology
Indian Institute of Information Technology
Rohtak Institute of Engineering and Management
Swami Sarvanand Institute of Management & Technology
Pratap Institute of Management and Technology