Request for Callback

Admission Helpline 06262625512 or  06262625512


Mbbs in Andhra Pradesh

Mbbs in Andhra Pradesh

Andhra Pradesh is the developing state situated in the south-eastern part of the India. In the state, there are more than 40 medical colleges including private and government colleges which are offering MBBS course. Even the fee of medical colleges in Andhra Pradesh is quite affordable as compared to other states in India. As the state is well-recognized for providing high-quality education, studying MBBS in Andhra Pradesh would be an ideal option. The medical aspirants even from other states shift towards AP, as admission is open for all categories students. There are approx 1489 seats in the state for which students can compete to secure admission in MBBS. AP MBBS counseling invites candidates from all parts of the country. The DME, director of medical education ensure quality medical education to undergraduates and post-graduates in all medical colleges and teaching hospitals.

Top Mbbs Colleges in Andhra Pradesh

  • Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Chittoor
  • Fathima Institute of Medical Sciences, Kadapa
  • Gitam Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Visakhapatnam
  • GSL Medical College, Rajahmundry
  • Great Eastern Medical School & Hospital, Srikakulam
  • Dr. P.S.I Medical College, Chinoutpalli

Eligibility Criteria of Mbbs in Andhra Pradesh

Students who are willing to carry Medical Studies in Andhra Pradesh should fulfill below-mentioned criteria:

  • Students who want to pursue MBBS have completed their Class 10+ 2 with a minimum aggregate of 50% or equivalent degree with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry from a recognized board and should have English as a compulsory subject.
  • She/he Must be 17 years or above before 31st December of the year of admission 2020. And Upper age limit will not be limited. Students have to fill online form to participate in the counseling for NEET.
  • The candidates who are Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizens of India(OCIs), Non-Resident Indians(NRIs), Foreign Nationals are eligible to take admission in Andhra Pradesh.
  • In AP, there are 85% of the seats allotted for state quota and if a candidate has Andhra Pradesh domicile, then according to the NEET rank, he/she can secure a seat. And the counseling for the rest 15% seats is done irrespective of the state quota.
  • Qualifying NEET is mandatory to get admission in MBBS in Andhra Pradesh and also there is no limit on the number of attempts for the NTA NEET Entrance Exam.
  • To qualify the NEET examination a minimum score of 50 % is required for the General category, 40 % for SC/ST/OBC & 45% for PWD.


As per the structure formulated by the Medical Council of India, the duration of the program is of 5.5 years in which students study theoretical concepts of the program for 4.5 years including 9 semesters and dedicate a one-year internship in research centers or in recognized hospitals to gain practical exposure in various healthcare institutions. The Medical Council of India forms the course structure for MBBS in Andhra Pradesh.

Admission Process

  1. Visit the official website of NTA NEET
  2. Click on ‘new registration’
  3. Apply online for NEET 2020
  4. Key in all the required details
  5. Upload scanned Images( Passport size photographs 100 Kb maximum in JPG/JPEG format, The photograph must not be older than 3 months, Name of the applicant along with the date must be printed below the photograph
  6. Upload scanned Photograph(20 Kb maximum in JPG/ JPEG format, Signature of Candidate in black ink on white background)
  7. Complete your payment process. (Select the desired mode of payment, Credit/debit or net banking, UPI, PAYTM)

  8. The fee for different sections as mentioned below:
    Category Application Fee (In Rs)
    General 1400
    Other Backward Classes 1400
    SC/ST 750
    PWD 750
  9. Take a print of the application form of NEET 2020 for future reference.

Documents Required

To avoid last minute-hassle students need to keep a few things handy. They are as follows:

  • Class X marks and percentage
  • Class XII marks and percentage
  • Proof Identification Number (Aadhar Card number, Passport number, bank account, Ration Card number, any other valid Govt. identity number)
  • Credit card/Debit card/Net banking credentials

Perks of Studying in Andhra Pradesh

  • The well-structured educational system in the state invites thousands of medical aspirants every year all across the country.
  • Andhra Pradesh is well-known for the most flourished education system and this compels several aspirants to seek MBBS from here.
  • The state government is more focused on launching several new colleges that will result in an increased number of MBBS seats in Andhra Pradesh.
  • Pursuing MBBS from Andhra Pradesh would be a good option as the state has plenty of government and private medical colleges.

© 2018 MyCareeridea.Com. All Rights Reserved