Mbbs in Karnataka
Karnataka, the state located in the southwest region of India is well accomplished with ample recognized medical colleges and research institutions in India. The chances to enroll in MBBS program here are extreme as the state Karnataka has more than 5600 MBBS seats which is more than any other state. Most of the Colleges are old-established and are well-versed with modern amenities and other cutting-edge technologies. With a literacy rate of 75.6%, Karnataka is appreciated for its well-structured educational system. As the literacy rate is tremendously advancing in the state many educational program and schemes are launched to make aware of education among masses. The top Government and private medical colleges in the state invite hundreds of applications every year not only from India but from overseas as well. Karnataka has 85% state reservation for those medical aspirants who possess the state domicile.
Top Mbbs in Karnataka
- Yenepoya Medical College, Deralakatte
- Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Center, Bengaluru
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Center, Yadavanahalli
- Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Center, Mangalore
- Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
Eligibility Criteria of Mbbs in Karnataka
To get admission in the top colleges in Karnataka the students have to meet all the required eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should be of 17 years or above as on 31st December in the year of admission.
- The candidate should possess Indian nationality. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) cardholders are also eligible for the exam.
- Applying candidates must have cleared their 12th or its equivalent exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as a major subject and have English as a compulsory subject too for the unreserved section.
- The candidate must have passed 12th with 40% marks with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as a major subject and have English as a compulsory subject too for reserved category.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
- To qualify the NEET examination a minimum score of 50% is needed for the General category, 40 % for SC/ST/OBC & 45% for PWD.
DURATION OF MBBS COURSE IN KARNATAKA
The Medical Council of India has structured the MBBS Course in Karnataka. The total duration for the completion of the MBBS course in Karnataka is 5.5 years in which students versed with the theoretical knowledge of the course for 4.5 years with one year of mandatory internship to gain hands-on experience in research centers or in any affiliated hospitals. The academic course consists of 9 semesters and the semesters are further classified as Pre-clinical, Para-Clinical, and Clinical.
- Visit the official website of NTA NEET.
- Click on ‘new registration’.
- Apply online for NEET 2020.
- Enter all the required credentials.
- Upload scanned Images( Passport size photographs 100 Kb maximum in JPG/JPEG format, The photograph must not be older than 3 months, Name of the applicant along with the date must be printed below the photograph
- Upload scanned Photograph(20 Kb maximum in JPG/ JPEG format, Signature of Candidate in black ink on white background).
- Complete your payment process. (Select the desired mode of payment).
The fee for different sections is mentioned below:
||Application Fee (In Rs)|
|Other Backward Classes
- Take a print-out of the application form of NEET 2020 for future reference.
- Class X marks and percentage.
- Class XII marks and percentage.
- Proof Identification Number (Aadhar Card number, Passport number, bank account, Ration Card number, any other valid Govt. identity number).
- Credit card/Debit card/Net banking credentials.
- The well-structured educational system in the state invites thousands of medical aspirants every year all across the country.
- For Medical practitioners, there is a dearth of recognized hospitals and healthcare centres in the state.
- The affordable fee structure is also an enticing feature that attracts students to study MBBS in Karnataka.
- All the medical colleges and universities in Karnataka are equipped with a global standard of teaching methodologies.