Mbbs in Maharashtra
Maharashtra is among the top fast-paced Indian states and most popular for the multiple numbers of government and private medical colleges. The state is remarkable for some of the distinguished medical practitioners in India. With the changing dynamics of the society, the directorate of medical education & Research is constantly working for improving and explore the situation, challenges and consequent solutions for medical education in Maharashtra. With nearly 3160 MBBS seats in Maharashtra, it not only invites candidates from India but from all over the world. Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, and some others are the major cities in the state which is equipped with cutting-edge technologies and proving the most favorable places for those aspirants who wishes to accomplish their dreams as a doctor. As the state has a vast number of reputed hospitals, the medical students would not be having difficulty in practicing their internship.
Top Mbbs Colleges in Maharashtra
- B.J. Govt. Medical College, Pune
- Ashwini Rural Medical College Hospital & Research Center, Solapur
- Indian Institute of Medical Science & Research, Jalna
- ACPM Medical College, Dhule
- Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College, Navi Mumbai
- Rural Medical College, Loni
Eligibility Criteria of Mbbs in Maharashtra
To pursue MBBS in Maharashtra students need to fulfill the below-summarized criteria laid down by the Medical Council of India. It is as follows:
- Qualification:The aspirants who want to pursue their MBBS course should have cleared their class XII exams and must have secured a minimum aggregate of 50 % in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects from a recognized institution or board.
- Age: To apply for the medical entrance test the lower age limit to apply is 17 years. The Age limit will be calculated as on December 31 of the year of admission. The upper age limit is not restricted.
- Nationality: The candidates who are Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for the NEET entrance examination.
- NEET (Nationality Eligibility cum Entrance Test) score is the sole basis that helps students fetches MBBS seats. To qualify the NEET examination a minimum score of 50 % is required for the General category, 40 % for SC/ST/OBC & 45% for PWD.
- There is no cap on the number of attempts for the NTA NEET Entrance Exam.
- There are 85% of the seats allotted for state quota and if a candidate has Maharashtra domicile, then according to the NEET rank, he/she can secure a seat. And the counseling for the rest 15% seats is done irrespective of the state quota. Students from pan India can take admission in MBBS.
COURSE DURATION OF MBBS IN UTTAR PRADESH
As per the structure formulated by the Medical Council of India, the total duration of the course is of 5.5 years in which students study theoretical concepts of the program for 4.5 years and dedicate a one-year internship in research centers or in approved hospitals to gain practical exposure in various healthcare institutions. The course structure is classified into 9 semesters and each semester has a duration of 6 months. After the completion of the program, the students are bestowed with a degree with that he/she can practice medicine anywhere in India.
- Visit the official website of NTA NEET
- Click on ‘new registration’
- Apply online for NEET 2020
- Key in all the required details
- Upload scanned Images( Passport size photographs 100 Kb maximum in JPG/JPEG format, The photograph must not be older than 3 months, Name of the applicant along with the date must be printed below the photograph
- Upload scanned Photograph(20 Kb maximum in JPG/ JPEG format, Signature of Candidate in black ink on white background)
- Complete your payment process. (Select the desired mode of payment, Credit/debit or net banking, UPI, PAYTM)
The fee for different sections is as:
Application Fee (In Rs)|
|Other Backward Classes
- Take a print out of the application form of NEET 2020 for future reference.
To avoid last minute-hassle students need to keep a few things handy, which are mentioned below :
- Class X marks and percentage
- Class XII marks and percentage
- Proof Identification Number (Aadhar Card number, Passport number, bank account, Ration Card number, any other valid Govt. identity number)
- Credit card / Debit card / Net banking credentials
Perks of Studying in Maharashtra
- The state is the hub of remarkable hospitals and top research centres which attracts thousands of aspirants every year.
- One of the most compelling reasons to study MBBS in Maharashtra is that there is no shortage of reputed hospitals and healthcare centres for medical practitioners.
- As the state has a large population, it provides great opportunities for MBBS students to get exposed to a large number of patients.