Mbbs in Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu, a south Indian state is a hub for plenty of top medical colleges in India. The state offers some of the best medical courses that can benefit the candidate to pursue excellent careers in the medical field. Since Tamil Nadu is among the top list of the state with the highest literacy rates many a candidate every year head towards here to complete their undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental programs. The Indian state has extensive transport connectivity across all the other Indian states and has networked with international air terminals as well. Moreover, the state government further has planned to increase the medical seats. There is a 69% reservation for minorities here in the top MBBS/BDS colleges. As health plays a substantial role in any country, the number of Medical colleges will increase in the future.
Top Mbbs Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- PSG Institute of Medical Sciences, Coimbatore
- SRM Institute of Science & Technology, Kanchipuram
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute, Kanchipuram
- Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore
- K.A.P. Viswanatham Govt.Medical College, Trichy
- Govt. Vellore Medical Coll
Eligibility Criteria of Mbbs in Tamil Nadu
The aspirants who want to pursue their MBBS course should have cleared their 12th examinations and must have obtained a minimum of 50 percentile in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects from an affiliated institution or board.
To apply for the medical entrance test the lower age limit to apply is 17 years. The age limit will be calculated as on December 31 of the year of admission. Based on new guidelines the upper age limit for the unreserved category is 25 years and for the reserved & PWD category it is 30 years.
The candidates who are Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for the entrance examination.
For medical aspirants, there is also NEET (Nationality Eligibility cum Entrance Test) Entrance Exam Conducted by NTA. To qualify the examination a minimum score of 50 % is required for the General category, 40 % for SC/ST/OBC & 45% for PWD.
COURSE DURATION FOR MBBS IN TAMIL NADU
The allotted time period for the MBBS program in Tamil Nadu is 5.5 years incorporating a one-year mandatory internship (hands-on-experience). MBBS program consists of a total of 9 semesters here which are further categorized as Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and clinical.
NEET, the only national-level medical entrance examination is conducted by the NTA once in a year. The test assists students in getting admissions in MBBS, BDS and Ayush courses in various medical colleges.
Below are the few steps to follow:
- Visit the official website of NTA NEET
- Click on ‘new registration’
- Apply online for NEET 2020
- Enter all the required credentials
- Upload scanned Images( Passport size photographs 100 Kb maximum in JPG/JPEG format, The photograph must not be older than 3 months, Name of the applicant along with date must be printed below the photograph
- Upload scanned Photograph (20 Kb maximum in JPG/ JPEG format, Signature of Candidate in black ink on white background)
- Complete your payment process.
Pay the application fee:
||Application Fee (In Rs)|
|Other Backward Classes
- Take a print of the application form of NEET 2020 for future reference.
- Class X marks and percentage
- Class XII marks and percentage
- Proof Identification Number (Aadhar Card number, Passport number, bank account, Ration Card number, any other valid Govt. identity number)
- Credit card/Debit card/Net banking credentials
Perks of Studying in Tamil Nadu
- The state has gained prominence with the most flourished education system and this compels several aspirants to seek MBBS from here.
- Tamil Nadu has some prestigious hospitals and research centers that offer innovative learning to medical aspirants and aid them to embark on a journey of success.
- To practice medicine during an internship there are well-recognized hospitals and healthcare centers.
- Most of the students seek their MBBS from Tamil Nadu as the state is enriched with leading professionals from the country.